The Programming Committee (PC) advises the General Manager and the Board on programming issues.
It is charged with carrying out the mission of KRFC regarding the development and evaluation of
all programming. The PC shall be responsive to all members of the KRFC community to ensure the
quality and focus of KRFC programs.
Committee tasks include but are not limited to the following by agreement of the General Manager and the PC:
- Review and recommendation of overall program scheduling and general programming policies.
- Develop and recommend guidelines and procedures for bringing new shows on air and for taking shows off the air.
- Shall participate in the development of, and participation in, training programs for programmers.
- Evaluate programs and programmers and make recommendations for changes to the General Manager.
- Respond to board, General Manager, member, and public concerns regarding programming.
- Solicit applications for vacancies on the PC and add new members as needed.
- Develop procedure for and review new program proposals and demos.
The Screening Committee is a sub–committee of the Programming Committee that is responsible
for screening new show demo disks. The committee provides meaningful evaluation of new show demo
to the Scheduling Committee of the Programming Committee. The Screening Committee evaluates shows
for quality, not necessarily content. The Screening Committee consists of at least one Programming
Committee member and up to ten volunteers.