KRFC Demo Process
- Fill out the volunteer application on-line or call the Volunteer Coordinator, Andrea Bradstreet at 970.221.5075 to schedule a Volunteer Orientation.
- Meet with Andrea for a Volunteer Orientation. If you haven’t attended orientation, we will not review your demo.
- Read and sign the Volunteer Agreement
- Become a Member! You can become a contributing member or a volunteer member to qualify to be a KRFC programmer. Ask the Volunteer Coordinator for details.
- Start Volunteering! All KRFC Programmers are expected to work with Volunteer Coordinator to schedule 2 hours of off–air volunteer hours at the station each month.
- Begin classes at KRFC–U starting with Certification Training. The Certification Training will teach you the basics of Board Operations and FCC regulations, cover Studio policies and etiquette and review the Policies and Procedures of KRFC. Furthermore, you will receive some basic information on how to create your demo CD at the station. There will be a short test after this training that must be passed before you can continue with the Demo process.
- Get some practical advice with a KRFC Shadow Session, where you will observe a current KRFC programmer for at least an hour to see how a show actually comes together.
- Choose your courses and advance your knowledge with the KRFC Music Programmer Training or a Public Affairs Programmer Training. This advanced training will cover all the specific information you need to create a quality demo.
- Read and sign the On–Air Agreement to understand what is expected of a programmer.
- Create a Demo CD of the show or the segment you are proposing and fill out the New Show Proposal Form with your resume and letters of reference if available. Complete a Music Play List if you are proposing a music show or a Public Affairs Program Overview Form if you are proposing a news, talk, or public affairs shows.
- Identify your Trained Substitute. Every programmer must have a substitute who has been trained and has an on–air agreement signed and filed at KRFC. If you need help finding a trained sub, contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Submit your DEMO PACKAGE! Your submission should include:
– Your demo CD
– The New Show Proposal Form
– Your Resume and/or letters of reference
– A Music play list or Public affairs program overview form
– Signed On–Air Agreement Plugola/ Payola Policy Agreement Editorial Policy Agreement, Volunteer Expectations and Responsibilities Policy Agreement
Place all of the DEMO materials in a large envelope marked with your name, address, email address and phone numbers and send to:
KRFC New Show Proposals
619 S. College, Suite 4
Fort Collins, CO 80524
You may also deliver your package to the Volunteer Coordinator, at the station, during business hours (9am – 5pm Monday through Friday). Please make sure that your contact information is written legibly on the CD AND the case. KRFC will not return your demo package. Please make copies of your submission for your personal records.
There are several steps in the screening process at KRFC and they may take several weeks to complete. You will receive a letter or phone call from a KRFC staff member after the assessment process is complete informing you of the status of your show proposal. Your first three months on air are probationary. If you violate FCC regulation or KRFC policies during your probation, your show will be cancelled. If you are selected for a show at KRFC, you will be added to our Programmer E–mail Lists. This list is the main channel of communication between staff and programmers and how you can stay in touch with what is going on at KRFC!
We want to provide ALL of our programmers with the skills and information to make a great show! If you have any questions about this process please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 970.221.5075.